Webinar Wednesday - Supporting Behaviour in OSHC
About the Event
QCAN Webinar - Supporting Behaviour in OSHC
Empowering Educators with Proactive and Responsive Techniques
Supporting Behaviour in OSHC has been developed in response to the OSHC sectors repeated requests for training to help educators deal with children’s challenging behaviours. It is the intention that participants will:
- Grow their understanding of behaviour, the SAC context and relevant theory
- Use the principles of MTOP to explore effective strategies and develop confidence in supporting behaviour in SAC.
We will consider the various theories that work with a guidance approach, including:
- Communities of Practice
- Glasser’s Caring Vs Deadly Habits
- Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory
More importantly, we will consider what this actually means for our pedagogical practice and highlight various examples of proactive measures, as well as responsive strategies we can use in our various OSHC settings.
- This session is going to focus particularly on our behaviour as educators and empower us to set the tone for all behaviour within our services, regardless of if it is smooth sailing or if we find ourselves in a fully blown behavioural cyclone.
- Non Member Webinar Rego$40$400$0