PARS Masterclass Online- delivered by Dr Shelly Newstead
About the Event
What is playwork and why are so many educators drawn to it? How did it develop? Which theories can I draw on as an educator to further my understanding of play and it’s complexities? What does this mean for all aspects of my curriculum?
Join us for an intensive course which includes:
· A brief international history of adventure playgrounds and playwork
· The original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers and how this is applied in PARS playwork practice.
· An overview of the PARS model and explanation of how it can be used to articulate, develop and evaluate playwork practice
· In-depth exploration of PARS theories, methods and techniques and how to apply them
· Discussion of case studies and ‘real-life’ video clips to enable participants to apply the whole PARS model to their work with children
A field trip (where appropriate), to enable participants to reflect on their understanding of the PARS model.
PARS is the first ever model of playwork practice, grounded in the original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers and aims to enable practitioners working with children in their leisure time in any setting to articulate, develop and evaluate their playwork practice.
This PARS Masterclass is delivered by Dr Shelly Newstead, founder of PARS playwork practice and has been independently evaluated, allowing some participants credit towards their university qualification.
PARS training is enabling practitioners all over the world working in a wide range of different settings to explain how and why their playwork practice differs from other approaches to working with children. More details to come.
Please note this is an 3 day event:
- Sold OutPARS Masterclass online course$850$8500$0