(Online) - Approved Provider Responsibilities for P&C's Operating an OSHC
About the Event
Approved Provider Responsibilities for P&C's Operating an OSHC
Facilitated by David Smithson
This informative workshop has been developed by QCAN to support P&C Associations in their understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements needed to operate a school age care service as an Approved Provider.
Effective governance and service management can assist P&C's (as the Approved Provider) in remaining compliant with the National Quality Framework for Education and Care Services.
Topics covered in this session will include:
- Effective Governance in relation to being an Approved Provider of a centre based service
- Service management practices and management capability
- Policy development and implementation
- The legal environment, compliance and risk minimisation
- Staffing arrangements and human resource management
- National Quality Standards and quality improvement planning
This is essential information for P&C Executive Committee Members and OSHC Sub-committee members. We recommend that Operations Managers and/or Service Coordinators also attend with their P&C Management team to ensure a shared understanding is developed, particularly in relation to the roles and responsibilities of the Approved Provider and Nominated Supervisor as set out in the Education and Care Services National Law 2010 and Regulations 2011.
Attendance at this session will also support compliance with National Quality Standard Area 7 (Leadership and Service Management) which requires appropriate governance arrangements be in place to manage the service.