Tue, 24 Oct|
CANCELLED - Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting in the Australian OSHC Context - Online Workshop
24 Oct 2023, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm AEST
About the Event
Child Protection and Reporting in the Australian OSHC Context - Online Workshop
Facilitated by Rarni Rothwell
This online workshop has been designed specifically for understanding child protection issues in school-age care services all over Australia and explores the legislative and practice frameworks that underpin child protection across the country. OSHC services are in a unique position to understand the lives and experiences of children and families through the nature of their work and in many of the state and territories OSHC professionals are Mandatory Reporters under the various Acts.
This session will support educators to understand:
- Child maltreatment in Australia
- Different legislative and practice frameworks, and regulatory authorities across Australia
- How to identify and report suspected abuse or harm
- What tools are available to support educators in this important work
- Child protection is everyone’s business’ and the role of OSHC educators is vital in ensuring children and young people’s safety across the country.
This session is suited to OSHC professionals at all career stages.
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.$76.00
Non Members Registration
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.$95.00