Thu, 25 Aug|
Redlynch State College OSHC
CANCELLED - Cairns - Adult learning principles – Effective workplace learning and development programs
25 Aug 2022, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Redlynch State College OSHC, Jungara Rd, Redlynch QLD 4870, Australia
About the Event
Adult learning principles – Effective workplace learning and development programs.
Facilitated by Rarni Rothwell
Whilst pedagogy and supporting children with their ongoing development is central to the work we do in OSHC, andragogy (the method and practice of teaching adult learners) can often feel over whelming and outside our scope of skills or experience.
The OSHC Professional Standards for Management and Leadership are a public statement of what constitutes a Service Manager and Leaders’ quality. They define the work of Service Managers and Leaders and make explicit the elements of high-quality, effective management and leadership practice.
This session we deep dive into Standard 1: Understand adult learning methods and principles for knowledge and skill acquisition.
This session will cover:
- adult learning in the workplace to acquire and build skills and knowledge
- determining educator learning preferences
- assessing and supporting learning needs including the use of the Professional Standards for OSHC Educator and professional development plans
- tapping into educator interests and ensuring strength-based approaches
- respecting linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic diversity
- strategies for engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander educators
We will look at a range of resources, including the Australian Core Skills Framework, that can aid you as a service leader to nurture and develop the proficiency of your whole team – as lifelong learners.
Together we can unlock the potential of our OSHC workforce!
- Ticket type
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.Price$95.00