Tue, 10 Mar|
MacGregor State School OSHC
Brisbane South - Nominated Supervisor and Being the Responsible Person in Charge
The Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010) and Regulation (2011) require that all services have a Nominated Supervisor.
10 Mar 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
MacGregor State School OSHC, 54 Carnaby St, MacGregor QLD 4109, Australia
About the Event
The Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010) and Regulation (2011) require that all services have a Nominated Supervisor. This is an ongoing obligation. An Approved Provider must identify the Nominated Supervisor for the service and provide evidence of that person’s consent to fill the role. In the absence of these roles, a Responsible Person must be placed in day-to-day charge.
This session will explore the role of the Nominated Supervisor and in their absence, the Responsible Person in an OSHC service including how the Nominated Supervisor will manage their responsibilities and obligations as well as provide leadership to others making sure all educators are aware of and equipped to ensure relevant laws, provisions and standards are met. The session will cover:
1. Eligibility requirements for Nominated Supervisors and the Responsible Person
2. Prescribed Responsibilities for the Nominated Supervisor and Approved Provider
a. Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010
b. Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011
3. Legislative contexts for OSHC
4. Appointing ‘Responsible Persons’ in the absence of the Nominated Supervisor
5. Considerations when undertaking the role of Nominated Supervisor or Responsible Person including providing informed consent, managing an unplanned visit by the regulatory authority (spot check) and clarifying the relationship between the shared obligations and responsibilities of these roles and the Approved Provider
Costs include: 1 participant, resources and a light supper.
Session Facilitated by Kylie Brannelly
QCAN 2020 Training
Nominated Supervisor and being the Responsible Person in Charge$72.00Tax: GST included