Supporting Challenging Behaviours - Online Workshop *Time Change 10am -12pm
About the Event
Supporting Challenging Behaviours
Facilitated by Emily McKenna
Supporting Challenging Behaviours has been developed in response to the OSHC sectors repeated requests to revisit the important subject of behaviour guidance to help educators respond to children’s challenging behaviours. This session will use a disabilities approach to empower educators and other key stakeholders, with practical reflective tools to support children with more specialised needs, from a human rights perspective. These techniques, whilst useful with all children, have proved particularly helpful with children (and adults) on the spectrum.
It is the intention that participants will:
• grow their understanding of behaviour, the SAC context and relevant theory
• be empowered to be critically reflective in their daily practice
• explore effective strategies developing their confidence to support behaviour in SAC
We will also give time and space to unpack particular case studies you may have in order to plan ‘person centred’ strategies to enhance the wellbeing and happiness of not just the child, but all stakeholders!
- Members Registration$66$660$0
- Non Members Registration$88$880$0