Wed, 27 Apr|
My Time, Our Place - Unpacking Principles and Philosophy - Webinar Wednesday
27 Apr 2022, 9:30 am – 11:00 am AEST
About the Event
My Time, Our Place - Unpacking Principles and Philosophy
Facilitated by Rarni Rothwell
My Time, Our Place – The Framework for School Age Care in Australia (MTOP) is a guide that acknowledges the importance of play and leisure in children’s learning and development. The MTOP principles combined with a service’s philosophy encourage educators to consider the service’s approach to learning, development and wellbeing.
Join us during this session where we’ll have inspired conversations about:
- Secure, Respectful, Reciprocal Relationships: How trusting, supportive relationships are the foundation of educator’s practice
- Partnerships: How collaborative partnerships in the community are developed and maintained.
- High Expectations and Equity: How equity inclusion and diversity are embedded in practice. How are all children given the opportunity to succeed?
- Diversity: How Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures are acknowledged, respected and valued. How does the service value diverse beliefs, knowledge and experiences?
- Ongoing Learning & Reflective Practice: How do we demonstrate that best practice and quality outcomes underpin practice? How do we demonstrate that Educators are professionals committed to lifelong learning and seeking to be skilled, knowledgeable and reflective?
- How are these principles applied in the context of our unique service philosophy’s and through a process of ongoing critical reflection?
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.$50.00
Non Members Registration
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.$60.00
OSHCsa Members Registration$50.00