Wed, 11 May|
My Time, Our Place - Unpacking Practice - Webinar Wednesday
11 May 2022, 9:30 am – 11:00 am
About the Event
My Time, Our Place - Unpacking Practice
Facilitated by Rarni Rothwell
My Time, Our Place – The Framework for School Age Care in Australia (MTOP) is a guide that acknowledges the importance of play and leisure in children’s learning and development. Each day Educators draw upon a rich repertoire of practices to promote children’s learning. Spending time thinking about practice is important. Educators have been found to make 936 decisions around curriculum in a six hour day, but how often are we reflecting on where these beliefs about practice come from? As Educators it is our responsibility to adapt and develop practices in light of new understandings, reflection and a knowledge of children at the service.
During this webinar we will discuss
- The range of practices Educators draw upon in their important work with children
- How practices support the attainment of outcomes
- How do we make reasonable and informed decisions about practice?
- What are our practices based on?
- How do decisions about practice impact on children?
- What practices are embedded in the service that promote the service’s values and beliefs?
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.$50.00
Non Members Registration
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body. All prices are inclusive of GST.$60.00
OSHCsa Members Registration$50.00