Wed, 07 Oct|
A Matter of Philosophy: Embedding MTOP Principles, NQF Guiding Principles & Theoretical Perspectives - Webinar Wednesday
07 Oct 2020, 9:30 am – 10:30 am AEST
About the Event
A Matter of Philosophy: Embedding MTOP Principles, NQF Guiding Principles & Theoretical Perspectives
Facilitated by Rarni Rothwell
A written statement of philosophy outlines the purpose and principles under which the service operates. It also reflects the guiding principles of the National Quality Framework and the approved learning frameworks.
A statement of philosophy serves three purposes. It:
• underpins the decisions, policies and daily practices of the service
• reflects a shared understanding of the role of the service among staff, children, families and the community
• guides educators’ pedagogy, planning and practice when delivering the educational program.
This webinar will focus on the importance of philosophy in OSHC. It will support educators to consider how purpose and principles guide their work practices, and work to embed a range of theoretical perspectives. Educators will have an opportunity to increase their understanding of:
• The role of philosophy and theory
• Guiding Principles of National Quality Framework (NQF)
• Guiding Principles of My Time, Our Place (MTOP)
• critical reflection
• how to embed these into their daily work practices
Registration cost is per attendee. Members prices apply to services who are a member of their state or territory's peak body.
Non Members Registration
Registration cost is per attendee. An invoice will be generated including payment details and sent to your nominated email address.