PARS Masterclass Online - 8 Week Event - Delivered by Dr Shelly Newstead and Rarni Rothwell
About the Event
What is playwork and why are so many educators drawn to it? How did it develop? Which theories can I draw on as an educator to further my understanding of play and it’s complexities? What does this mean for all aspects of my curriculum?
Join us for an online intensive course which includes:
- A brief international history of adventure playgrounds and playwork
- The original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers and how this is applied in PARS playwork practice.
- An overview of the PARS model and explanation of how it can be used to articulate, develop and evaluate playwork practice
- In-depth exploration of PARS theories, methods and techniques and how to apply them
- Discussion of case studies and ‘real-life’ video clips to enable participants to apply the whole PARS model to their work with children
PARS is the first ever model of playwork practice, grounded in the original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers and aims to enable practitioners working with children in their leisure time in any setting to articulate, develop and evaluate their playwork practice.
This PARS introductory course is delivered by Dr Shelly Newstead, founder of PARS playwork practice and has been independently evaluated, allowing some participants credit towards their university qualification. Shelly will be joined by QCAN's Lead Trainer, Rarni Rothwell.
PARS training is enabling practitioners all over the world working in a wide range of different settings to explain how and why their playwork practice differs from other approaches to working with children.
This is a 8 week online course beginning Thursday 8th October 2020 from 6.00pm - 7.30pm.
Training will then continue every Thursday from 6.00pm - 7.30pm with a 2 week break prior to the last week. (Details on times and dates can be found in the event registration.)
Participants will need to commit to attending all sessions.
Session dates and times are outlined below:
Thursday 8 October 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Thursday 15 October 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Thursday 22 October 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Thursday 29 October 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Thursday 5 November 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Thursday 12 November 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Thursday 19 November 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
~2 Week Break~
Thursday 10 December 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- PARS Masterclass online course$400$4000$0