Thu, 02 June|
POSTPONED TO TERM 3 2022 - Working Legally and Ethically in OSHC
02 June 2022, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
About the Event
Working Legally and Ethically in OSHC
Facilitated by Rarni Rothwell & Emily McKenna
As an OSHC educator you will be required to identify, access and interpret sources of information about the legal requirements that apply to the work role. You will typically encounter this information through the service’s policies and procedures. Your role in the process is to follow the centre’s policies, procedures and practices to uphold the legal requirements applicable to your work role.
Ethical dilemmas can arise in day-to-day OSHC experiences. An ethical dilemma is typically a conflict between alternatives where choosing any of them will compromise some ethical principle and potentially lead to an ethical violation.
In this session we will unpack:
- Legal Requirements in OSHC
- Following workplace policies and procedures
- Recognising potential ethical issues and dilemmas
- Recognising and report breaches according to organisation procedures
- Identifying situations where work practices could be improved to meet legal and ethical responsibilities