Tue, 27 Feb|
Brisbane North West Region OSHC Educator Microcredential
A microcredential is a short certification course that allows you to learn new professional skills quickly.
27 Feb 2024, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Klub Kallangur, 139 School Rd, Kallangur QLD 4503, Australia
About the Event
QCAN have been funded by the Queensland Government to develop an OSHC Educator Microcredential. This microcredential is being developed as an industry partnership.
A microcredential is a short certification course that allows you to learn new professional skills very quickly.
The training and assessment for the microcredential will consist of:
- six focus areas
- delivered over 2 x 3 hour face-to-face sessions, 3-4 weeks apart with assessment tasks to be completed after each session.
- on the job assessment tasks.
These tasks are grounded in the everyday practice of educators that will need to be signed off as observed by their supervisor in the workplace.
- Legal and Professional Responsibilities of Educators Working within the NQF
- Duty of Care and Child Protection Responsibilities of an OSHC Educator
- Work Health and Safety and Managing Risks in OSHC
- Designing and Delivering Experiences in OSHC (in a manner that accords with the Approved Learning Framework)
- Relationships with Children (including Behaviour Guidance and Support)
- Effective Supervision and Safe OSHC Environments
All participants are required to have access to a charged device (Phone/Tablet/Computer) and internet. If possible, please bring with you on the training dates.
- Ticket type
QLD OSHC Educators
Available to QLD OSHC EducatorsPrice$0.00